Global Market Strategist (Macro Economics)
What we’re looking for
A background in macro economics and/or commodities market.
The crypto and DeFi market behaves like commodities. Instead of a global market of buyers and sellers, the market is contained in the users of the protocols, who come and transact with each other. We analyse the economics design of the token-based ecosystem and quantify the qualitative economic policies of the token mechanisms. Then, we map out its supply and demand to analyse the robustness of the protocol, before quantifying the risks and forecasting the potential future.
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking
- Perform economics modelling and run Monte Carlo simulation or basic Excel Macro to analyse results
- Understand the relationships between economic agents in the market using the economics design framework, on the factors affecting supply and demand
- Qualify and quantify the idiosyncratic risks associated with each DeFi segment
- Analyse past data, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analysing the protocol controlled value with its competitors
- Use the data provided by Econteric dashboard to develop risks and robustness insights to protocol’s health
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for robustness, using the framework
- Recommend actions by analysing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards
- Perform market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation analysis
- Maintain a strong financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models
- Create economic reports and analyses on industry trends, structural change, and policy
- Knowledge of DeFi, crypto or other relevant experience
- 2-4+ years of business analyst, commodities analyst or other relevant experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel; familiarity with data query/data management tools is extremely helpful (Access, SQL, Business Objects)
- High proficiency in financial modeling techniques
- Strong fluency with Excel formulas and functions
- Master’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics preferred, but open to any curious Bachelor’s Degree holder with relevant experience
- Keen and curious learner
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Organised and self-starter
- Macroeconomic perspectives to token-based markets in DeFi and P2E NFT
- Ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently
- Experience working with, and presenting to, senior executives
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; be comfortable interacting with executive-level management
- Strong financial modeling experience
How to Apply
Does this position sound like a good fit? Fill the form below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include this role’s title in your subject line (it’ll help us to sort through the emails).
- Send along links that best showcase the relevant things you’ve built and done.
- Given the opportunity of working together, what are your plans for the next 30 and 90 days?