Market Intelligence Analyst (Econometrician)
What we’re looking for
Economists at Economics Design solve the most challenging applied economics problems in the crypto, tech and DeFi sector. Econometricians apply the traditional economics to market design, mechanism design, token design and financial engineering. We build econometric models and apply economic theories to solve DeFi and governance problems.
We’re looking for econometricians who are keen on using your skillsets to build the “GDP calculator” of token-based ecosystems. This includes building long-term casual estimations of token-model and market, develop quantitative insights to current onchain transactions and statistics leveraging the power of transparent data. You will work alongside our quant team (lead by Arun, ex-quant hedge fund trader) and research team (lead by Lisa, founder and in contact with our advisor, PhD in Machine Learning).
- Apply deep expertise into making sense of the data collected and metrics created
- Aid in the development of econometrics model to develop new metrics to quantify the new asset class of DeFi, from its fundamentals
- Identifying econometric procedures that should be incorporated into the new metrics
- Describe strategic importance of findings and relationships to aid in protocol users’ decision making
- Working with a team of bright and motivated statisticians, econometricians, financiers and programmers on quantifying and analysing 500 metrics per protocol
- Implementing these procedures in any programming language that you are most comfortable with
- Writing technical documentation and reports
- Continually broadening and updating of knowledge on statistical theory and empirical practice
- Knowledge of statistical and econometric theory, in particular time-series and panel-data methods
- Strong background in statistics methodology, applications to business problems
- Big data and machine learning are a bonus
- Programming experience in statistical packages like Stata, R, python
- 3-5 years of experience with big data and statistical analysis
- Familiarity with statistical packages, Bloomberg, FactSet, Microsoft Office, etc. is a plus
- Keen and curious learner
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible and focused on solutions
- Organised and self-sufficient
How to Apply
Does this position sound like a good fit? Fill the form below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This space is new. No one is an expert. It’s totally find to have little experience in DeFi. As long as you are interested in the space and you have experience in “traditional economics”, we are here to help bridge that gap and help you to learn and apply your knowledge. You can and will make a difference with your skills.
- Include this role’s title in your subject line (it’ll help us to sort through the emails).
- Send along links that best showcase the relevant things you’ve built and done.
- Given the opportunity of working together, what are your plans for the next 30 and 90 days?
Starting salary is commensurate with experience. We are a growing company and this position has a significant potential for growth, responsibilities and impact to the future.